Friday, April 8, 2011

it's friday!!!

i've been feeling really helpless this week.  when it comes to the military i'm very sensitive.  i'm a proud american, and i've been in a relationship with a dedicated sailor for five years.  it pains me to my core to hear that the military may not be paid if the government shuts down.  not because ernest and i will suffer.  i have a decent salary and we have our savings (which is supposed to help us get settled in texas after ernest gets out later this year) so we will be fine.  no, i'm more concerned for the military wives and husbands who have nothing or very little fall back on and more than one or two mouths to feed.  and what really irks me is the absolute hatred out there by the people who have been commenting on articles such as this one.  can you believe what some of those people are saying about the our brave men and women in uniform and their families??  it's absolutely disgusting and unamerican if you ask me.

all of this is to say, i'm finding it really hard to be inspired for my usual friday post.  how can i find the joy in my life, when our country is in such disarray?  i'm a patriot, i grew up being proud of my country, and especially our military.  i cannot stand to see them treated this way.  i only have the right to voice my opinion because they stand up for it every.  single.  day.

so rather than tell you the things that are making me happy this week, i'll give you this:


"Imagine no possessions, I wonder if you can, No need for greed or hunger, A brotherhood of man, Imagine all the people, Sharing all the world, You may say that I'm a dreamer, But I'm not the only one, I hope someday you'll join us, And the world will live as one."  - Imagine, John Lennon

No comments: