Monday, September 12, 2016

finding balance.



with freedom, books, flowers, and the moon, who could not be happy?
-oscar wilde

i'm starting to get antsy if i don't get a little bit of time outside each week.  i look forward to my saturday hikes more than anything in the world, and i'm bummed i can't go more often.  some days i think about going alone, just to have a few quiet moments to myself.  i need more of that to be honest, i love my family but i've always needed space.  time to recharge, gather my thoughts without a million other opinions in my head, just breathe and listen to my music.  quietly enjoy my surroundings.  i've never been much of a talker, the majority of my thoughts stay in my head or find their way onto paper.  sometimes though, sometimes i talk too much.  hard to find balance.  but out there, in fresh air, with the sound of insects and animals and a light breeze through the trees, i get just a few moments of complete balance.


No comments: