Friday, April 14, 2017

fri-yay!

sweet inspiration in my new fave spot.

totally on a three day weekend high right now, y'all!  i've been really bummed this week, and it took me probably about a week to finally get yesterday's post about my trust/dating issues to a place where i felt comfortable sharing it, and then another couple of hours yesterday stressing over whether it was right to share it or not.  

i'd really love for y'all to think my life is all rainbows and butterflies, and i think i do a pretty good job of not letting myself sink too low in the doldrums, but i have really rough days sometimes, particularly when certain memories pop up, and i think it's important to share so other people know they aren't the only ones feeling that way.  and so they know that you can get through it, but it's a process, it's not going to happen over night.  

it's been about 9 or 10 months since everything happened between corey and i, and i wish i could say that he hasn't been apart of my life since then, but that would be a lie.  truth is, he slid back into my life last fall, maybe 3 months after we broke up and it's only been a month since i told him to kick rocks for good, to stop texting me, stop calling me, stop looking me up on social media, because i realized that he just wasn't good enough to be a part of my life, as a friend or otherwise.  and it was something that i needed to figure out on my own.  

i couldn't shake the burning hatred i built for him in the pit of my stomach for what he did to me, and to the other girl, but, for reasons i can't understand, i still struggled for a long time to say to him that i needed him to leave me alone.  i have to tell you, though, from the moment i did, from the moment i didn't look back, i haven't felt so light and free. and anyone who loves me and knows me will tell you that i haven't been happier in so long.

anyway, enough about the blues...let's get back to that three day weekend, shall we?

peak of the week:  i think i've mentioned my three day weekend about three times now, but it's been really nice to be off today and have time to relax and get things done.  i needed to slow down after the last couple of weeks of craziness.

it's the pits:  my workout schedule has been sporadic at best, so i feel physically the same way i have been feeling emotionally.  yuck.  i'm fixing it by starting boot camp with melissa again next week, though!

this weekend i'll be seeing two of my best babes in austin, and celebrating the holiday on sunday with my family.  i'm so excited to put together lucas' first easter basket from his auntie pish posh (lol that's what everyone's been calling me, why, idk!?).  and hopefully i can squeeze in a little bit of spring cleaning, somehow (i need it desperately)!

have a happy holiday weekend, babes.
  • obsessed with this midland jam.  i love that they're bringing that old country sound back!  they're quickly becoming a fave of mine, and i can't wait to see them at oysterbake next week.
  • the rules do not apply by arielle levy is next on belletrist's book club list and it sounds right up my alley.  can't wait to pick it up next week!
  • i can't remember if i've ever mentioned how the only movies that really scare me are the ones about aliens (like m. night shyamalan's "signs"), but if i did and you ever wondered why alien life forms might freak me out, maybe go watch "life".  melissa and i saw it the other night, and it really makes you think about how much we don't know in this universe.
  • this article about the handmaid's tale inspired me to read the book and watch the upcoming adaptation on hulu.
  • love everything about this look (reasons why i need to spring clean, lol)!

No comments: