Thursday, December 1, 2016

tunes-day: runnin' just in case - miranda lambert.


i carry them around with me, i don't mind having scars
happiness ain't prison, but there's freedom in a broken heart.



of all the songs on this album, this is the one that sticks with me the most.  that last line haunts me every time i listen to it.  and the part where she sings about it being a long ten years?  i'm like, I KNOW.  

it's ok that i allow myself to be sad.  it's a catalyst.  it pushes me to open my damn eyes and step outside my comfort zone.  i see the world differently now.  i appreciate things differently.  and i give myself time.  time to explore and read and wonder and wander.  and write.
  
i've slowly started building a wall around my heart, while simultaneously untethering my wings. 

No comments: