someone asked how my week was, and the first thought i had was that i was exhausted in every possible form. this time in my life maybe isn't wearing me down, but it sure is weighing kind of heavy. i'm grateful for what i have, though i know deep down it isn't enough. every time i feel too low, though, i quietly remind myself that this too shall pass and that i must push through. one day, i'll look back on my thirtieth year, and i'll remember it as a time of loss and learning and growth. and i'll think to myself, that was when it all changed. when my life really started.
but for now, i have what i have.
highs: utsa football game tomorrow. and corinne's due date is so close! i can't believe i'm going to be an auntie!
lows: bills. hahaha. ok, and there may have been quite a few mopey heartbroken moments this week. these things take time, friends. but there was no wine this week.
- elsie and emma of a beautiful mess have started a virtual food drive for the month of october and i think it's the coolest idea.
- this relationship quiz is scarily accurate.
- people were really victim-bashing kim kardashian after she was held at gunpoint, bound, and robbed? come on, y'all. have a little empathy - she is a human being and no one deserves to experience such a horrific incident.
- i'm ashamed to admit this, but...my favorite blogger, meg fee, wrote an e-book that released about a year ago, and i just got around reading it. and it brought. me. to. tears. i was literally sobbing last night, as i finished it in bed. oh, the feelings. she posted one of the essays on her blog - read it here.
- more essays, if you're into that kind of thing. i am. :)
- i want. i need (time for a change).