Wednesday, October 20, 2010

little love letters.

dear sweetheart,

you leave tomorrow and i couldn't be more unhappy about it.  the thought of seven, that's right, SEVEN, weeks apart tears at my heart and i know i'll feel incomplete the entire time you're on the other side of the world.  that's 'cause your the peanut butter to my jelly, the blue moon to my orange, the salt to my pepper.

i hate when you leave, because i know you don't like to be so far away from home.  and you'll be lonely, even if you are surrounded by people in the same situation as yourself.  you'll be missing our long ride home to san antonio and thanksgiving with our families.  you won't be there to help me drag up the christmas tree (which i know you're ESPECIALLY disappointed about) and laugh at me poking myself with the fake needles.  you'll miss football sunday funday with me, and gulping down blue moons, while i sip on mine.

and i know the hardest part about you going is that you know i'll be lonely too.  and missing you every second of every single day.  you know certain things we do together won't hold the same lustre for me when i have to do them alone.  you'll be sad when you see my tears falling, or hear my sobs, but you won't let yourself cry too.  you'll tell me to lock our doors and turn on the alarm before i go to sleep.  and when i don't answer your texts or calls you'll worry and keep calling or texting until i answer.

but don't worry about me, boo, because i'll be safe and sound in our little love nest and i'll have my big, bad protector riley to keep me company.  you just stay safe and focused on coming home right before the christmas holidays, to a fully festive home and lots and lots of presents (and hugs and kisses!).  and know that i miss you infinite amounts every single day.

love you, squish face.

xoxo,

the beast to your beauty (haha!).

No comments: