Friday, May 19, 2017

fri-yay!!!

flashback from last year's birthday celebrations at edc in las vegas.

i cannot believe my thirty-first birthday is in less than a month.  time really does fly, doesn't it?  i think i'm going to lay low until then.  put my head down and focus on my paralegal studies (oh, didn't i tell y'all?  melissa and i are doing the paralegal certification courses at our alma mater!), work on the business with my sisters, get some running and working out in, and tryyyyy to work on some stuff for the blog.  i seriously need to focus.  my head has been in the clouds, a lot lately, and i feel like i have so much to do.  i know by the time we get to the beach for my birthday weekend, i'm going to be ready to relax and celebrate!

peak of the week:  finally made it out to tucker's on a thursday night to try their wings.  we were not disappointed.  if you ever decide to give it a try, go for the southern wings.  they were amazing!

it's the pits:  today my heart hangs heavy for my city and the family, friends, and fellow firefighters of the safd firefighter who lost his life last night in the line of duty.  nothing "pit"-like in my life compares.  please keep him and his loved ones in your thoughts.

i took a lot of down time this week, to talk some things out with melissa, and try to recover from the last few crazy busy weeks.  i do have a lot going on, but i'm also trying to make a conscious effort to appreciate my time.  i mentioned last week how i've been saying 'yes' to things that i might not have agreed to in the past, and it's all because i'm really trying to move forward and create a greater distance between me and the things i experienced in my twenties.  yes, there are things that i would not have had in my life (like my love affair with new orleans) had i not experienced those things, but it's time for new memories, and happiness and, hopefully, one day, love.

have a happy weekend, y'all!

xoCandice

No comments: