Monday, December 14, 2015

#MondayMantra


i've struggled with anxiety for a long time. i've always had a curious mind and the need to be in control. but recently someone very important to me has helped me to see what a negative effect anxiety has on me and encouraged me to choose gratitude instead. i don't know what is going to happen tomorrow, but i get the choice to have a positive outlook. in choosing gratitude you begin to see what you actually do have and realize that you don't need much else. for example, my car may be old and need work every now and then, but it still runs and it's paid off. my relationship may not be a fairy tale, but i have the love and respect and commitment of a man who makes me laugh and opens my mind and encourages me to be my best. I may not have my own place, but i've spent the last few years at my parents and made a million amazing memories, and seen what true love is in the way my parents support me and help me every day. it's all in the way you choose to see it.

No comments: