Monday, November 3, 2014

self.


fairy tales are words on paper, and i don't believe in happily-ever-after.  there's no prince charming, or knight-in-shining-armor, coming to save me.  life isn't ruled by evil sorceresses, and fairy godmothers.  we make our own choices, we choose our own fates.

there's a life i want, and i know i have to get it for myself.  do i want a partner?  yes.  i want someone who wants to be there beside me, and build a life together.  but i might not get that.  not everyone does.  that doesn't mean that i give up on the life i want.  it doesn't mean that my dreams are for naught.  it just means i have to work harder to get those things on my own.

i've learned the hard way not to depend on others.  i've learned that the people you love and trust the most are often the ones who disappoint you.  i still put my faith in people, but i also try to be my own support, to do the things that make me happy, to take care of myself, and be self-sufficient.  it's a long, sometimes lonely road, but i've never been afraid of a challenge.

No comments: