love it out there, under that big, beautiful, south texas sky.
i love short weeks. the sooner i get to the weekend, the sooner i have some time to relax and spend qt with my fave people, the happier i am. :)
i'm just trying to get on track for my future plans, so my focus has been there lately. this weekend i plan on relaxing, and maybe a little dancing again. i don't know if it's because i've been working out more and therefore have more energy, or if it's because i am so incredibly happy, but all i want to do lately is dance! can't complain, cannot complain one bit.
have a happy weekend, y'all!
- i've been a reader my whole life. my parents say i started reading books when i was 3 years old. they have always encouraged my love of books, and we love to share book suggestions with each other. i remember watching 'reading rainbow' when i was a kid. i think this kickstarter they initiated is beautiful. literacy is such an important thing in our lives. we should focus on it in schools. we should encourage children to enjoy reading.
- coach pop cracks me up every time he gets interviewed. i'm so proud of my team! can't wait for tomorrow night's game. go spurs go!
- this woman's poem resonated so much with me. especially after the tragedy in santa barbara, and the still-missing nigerian girls. that one part, "I asked five questions in genetics class today and all of them started with the word "sorry."...inheritance is accidental." wow.
- and this commentary on our culture, men, and violence against women.
- this homeless high school student's story gave me faith in the world, though.
- 21 facts i didn't know about one of my fave movies, pitch perfect. and soooooo excited for the sequel.
- again, dr. maya angelou was such a bright spot in this world. so glad she left us such an amazing legacy.
- i want. i need.