Friday, May 30, 2014

it's friday!!!

love it out there, under that big, beautiful, south texas sky.

i love short weeks.  the sooner i get to the weekend, the sooner i have some time to relax and spend qt with my fave people, the happier i am.  :)

i'm just trying to get on track for my future plans, so my focus has been there lately.  this weekend i plan on relaxing, and maybe a little dancing again.  i don't know if it's because i've been working out more and therefore have more energy, or if it's because i am so incredibly happy, but all i want to do lately is dance!  can't complain, cannot complain one bit.

have a happy weekend, y'all!

linked:
  • i've been a reader my whole life.  my parents say i started reading books when i was 3 years old.  they have always encouraged my love of books, and we love to share book suggestions with each other.  i remember watching 'reading rainbow' when i was a kid.  i think this kickstarter they initiated is beautiful.  literacy is such an important thing in our lives.  we should focus on it in schools.  we should encourage children to enjoy reading.
  • coach pop cracks me up every time he gets interviewed.  i'm so proud of my team!  can't wait for tomorrow night's game.  go spurs go!
  • this woman's poem resonated so much with me.  especially after the tragedy in santa barbara, and the still-missing nigerian girls.  that one part, "I asked five questions in genetics class today and all of them started with the word "sorry."...inheritance is accidental."  wow.
  • and this commentary on our culture, men, and violence against women.
  • this homeless high school student's story gave me faith in the world, though.
  • 21 facts i didn't know about one of my fave movies, pitch perfect.  and soooooo excited for the sequel.
  • again, dr. maya angelou was such a bright spot in this world.  so glad she left us such an amazing legacy.
  • i want.  i need.

No comments: