one of like 5 pics i took in miami last week.
this week has been a lesson in letting things fall where they may. i've always been a bit of a control freak, and we've discussed before how i have trust issues, so i'm having a little trouble with allowing myself to let things happen naturally. after some deep thinking (possibly a little sheepishly, given my behavior this week) i realized i can't keep myself from getting hurt. or, i can try, but in the process i'll really only be hurting myself, because i'll be pushing away people who may not deserve it. what good is that? it's relaxed me a bit (although i was still worried that the damage had already been done) and i'm so grateful to have met someone that i want to let my defenses down for.
so other than a 5k sunday morning, and the randy rogers band concert tonight, i don't really have plans this weekend. i'm definitely going to take advantage of the free-time and do some spring-cleaning. other than that, i just want to relax and enjoy the beautiful spring weather.
happy spring, y'all!
- these pictures of a yoga mom and her 4 year old daughter are too cute. suddenly i want a mini-me and yoga classes. lol!
- boston stronger: how two boston marathon victims survived - and fell in love. had me in tears. their strength and love are an inspiration.
- haha, this is awesome. i may have to rent frozen this weekend.
- this is hilarious.
- interesting commentary on generation y.
- this video of dogs welcoming their owners home from deployment made my day.
- these kids are super-talented! i'm a huge supporter of art programs in schools. in my opinion they are just as important as core curriculum.
- president obama awards long overdue medals of honor.
- i love this song.
- i want. i need.