Thursday, December 5, 2013

happy birthday, momma!

 Photo credit:  Rae Vision Photography

A little late, but better than never, right?

My mom is the kind of person who is giving, but won't let you walk all over her.  She believes in being a good person because it's right, and taught my sisters and I to stand up for what we believe in, and treat people with kindness and respect.  She taught us to be ladies, but she also taught us to have our own voices, stick up for ourselves and others, and think outside the box.  She believes in continually educating yourself, and doing better than your best to get ahead.  She always tells my sisters and I that we can be whatever we want, that nothing stands in our way.

Mom works hard, and deserves to be able to take the time off to finish her Master's, which she took time off of so that I could go to Rochester.  She will drop everything if one of us needs her, and has that mama-bear instinct (don't mess with one of her daughters - you'll definitely get a tongue-lashing).  Mom has always been my bestest friend, and was my rock when my heart was breaking, and my strength when it was finally broken.  I still lean on her, daily, and relish our little mother-only daughter outings for lunch and shopping.

Hope you had the best birthday yesterday, Momma.  Like I said before, if anyone deserves it, it's you!

xo,
Candice

No comments: