Friday, August 16, 2013

it's friday!!!


you know those weeks where you barely have time to eat or breathe, or do anything really other than work?  that was this week for me.  between my summer class ending (2 homework assignments, plus a final in one week!?  so unfair.), the new semester coming up soon (lots of work for my dept and for my own degree), and cheerleading certification this weekend (had to do a lot of planning this week), i have been non-stop go, go, go.

after certification tomorrow morning, i will finally have some time to myself.  well, kind of.  i have two birthday parties to attend and a softball game, but those don't really require much work on my part.  i'm so excited to get to read something other than a textbook (and trust me, i plan on spending most of my time in bed reading, or by my aunt's pool reading).  i really just need to relax, and get some of this stress that has been creeping up on me out of my system.  things are tough right now.  money is tight, and i'm making myself sick thinking about it lately.  i keep thinking about that light at the end of the tunnel, but i don't feel like i'm close to it yet.

all i know, is that i still have a lot of things on my mind that i need to take care of, but i also need to take care of myself, and that means that this weekend i am going to try not to think about the things that i can't accomplish until september, and try not to worry too much about all of the worries that have been piling up in the past couple of weeks.  i want to try and enjoy my last few weeks of summer (well, school-wise, anyway...the texas heat will be here to stay til at least december) and my last couple of weekends without football games to attend.

i may post a few late posts that i meant to get done this past week, but in any case, i will see y'all next week, refreshed, bright-eyed, and ready to take on the world!

have a good weekend, y'all!

some faves from this week:
  • how gorgeous are my friend ali's wedding pictures?  can't wait to see more!
  • the white queen.  y'all know i love history, but i don't think i ever mentioned my obsession with the kings and queens of england around the tudor period.  i gobble up information about them and read all the books i can get my hands on.  so, as you can imagine, i was super-excited to walk into my mom's room sunday night and see this new starz show was on.  i plan on watching the whole episode this weekend, and catching the rest of the season!
  • the 8 stages of being the only single friend accurately portrays my life right now.  i think i'm still in stage 2.
  • i'm a cheer coach.  i was captain of my college squad for 2 years.  and i love bring it on.  also, i just taught my girls "knock 'em down" this week, so it's appropriate.  :)
  • if disney princesses used instagram - had me laughing!
  • i totes need minions.  #5 and #13 are my main reasons.
xoCandice

No comments: