Tuesday, October 23, 2012

little pity party, please.

moving back into my parents house has been a hard transition for me.  it's not that i feel i've lost my independence (although, that's absolutely true, financially).  i guess it just feels more like a slap in the face.  a huge reality check, if you will.  this isn't how i envisioned my life.  26 and living in my sister's tiny old room (because mine was given to her when i didn't move back in after graduation) and struggling to pay the one or two bills i do have.  it's actually quite depressing.  i don't want to have to ask my parents for money, but i've had to more than once (gas and food are expensive, y'all).  to be honest, my new financial situation has been the hardest thing to deal with since i separated from the ex.  i know i need to find a better job, with benefits, but it's so hard when i know i've still got about a year of school left and i don't want to switch to part-time because that will only drag it out.  being a grown-up is a pain, just in case anyone was wondering (yes, i know.  cue tiny violins.)!

No comments: