Friday, June 29, 2012

the truth.

And then the dreams break into a million tiny pieces. The dream dies. Which leaves you with a choice: you can settle for reality, or you can go off, like a fool, and dream another dream.
–Nora Ephron.

I was 7 when Sleepless in Seattle came out.  Twelve, when You've Got Mail was released.  But somehow, those movies have consistently been on my top ten favorites list since I was in high school.  Nora Ephron had a knack for the modern day fairytale.  A grown woman's fairytale, to be honest.  I'm just now becoming more familiar with her work, but I can already see that she truly understood the female psyche.  I can't wait to read more of her work.  She's the kind of woman young girls (particularly writers) should look up to.  And I find it incredibly interesting that her two favorite authors, are also mine (Jane Austen and Charles Dickens). You'll probably catch me watching Sleepless in Seattle at some point this weekend and researching more on this incredible woman.

No comments: