Tuesday, June 8, 2010

secrets

"if we knew each other's secrets, what comforts we would find."
-john churton collins

i have become obsessed with the PostSecret website.  i've been checking them every sunday.  the people who send those secrets in have some serious courage.  everybody has secrets.  most of us choose to keep them internalized because, well, isn't that the definition of a secret?  so, just putting their secret out there is courageous, despite the fact that they remain anonymous.

the thing is, most of these secrets are incredibly comforting.  knowing that someone out there has had the same thoughts as myself, really makes me feel like i'm not crazy, or melodramatic.  and, i really feel for these people.  PostSecret makes me want to be a better person.  it makes me want to reach out to someone i know may be having problems.  or someone who has mean thoughts sometimes, just like me.

really, the PostSecret project is genius.  i think i might have to go out and buy one of the books, and maybe even send in one of my own secrets...

No comments: